Myfyriwr ymchwil, Ysgol y Gyfraith a Gwleidyddiaeth
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I am a PhD student at the School of Law and Politics at Cardiff University and a member of the Wales Governance Centre. I am conducting research into Aneurin Bevan’s political thought and ideas, treating him as a political thinker and attempting to establish the extent to which he had a coherent political philosophy. My research has encompassed many different topics including political theory, socialist political thought, Wales and the Labour Party. As a member of the Wales Governance Centre I have had the chance to research and learn about issues relating to devolved government in Wales.
My research has encompassed many different topics including political theory, socialist political thought, Wales and the Labour Party. As a member of the Wales Governance Centre I have had the chance to research and learn about issues relating to devolved government in Wales.
I am an editor of the Wales Governance Centre blog 'Thinking Wales' and have also written for the BBC, The Conversation, Nation, Left Foot Forward and Click On Wales. My work has also been quoted on Wales Online.
- ‘Assembly Election 2016: Bevan Battlegrounds’ – Click on Wales
- Why does Jeremy Hunt keep comparing himself to Aneurin Bevan? – Left Foot Forward
- Why does Owen Smith keep comparing himself to Aneurin Bevan? – Left Foot Forward
- Welsh Radicalism: The political traditions of David Lloyd George and Aneurin Bevan – Thinking Wales
- Aneurin Bevan and Wales – Thinking Wales
- The difference between sheep: Bevan and the ‘Welsh Day’ debate – Thinking Wales
- Top Marx: Bevan and the importance of Karl – Thinking Wales
- Aneurin Bevan and ‘the claim of Wales’ – Thinking Wales
- Liberty, Bevan and Welsh Labour - Thinking Wales
- 'At last it has happened': Bevan, the Russian Revolution and the Soviet Union - Thinking Wales
- Quoted in 'At last it has happened!' How Wales greeted the Russian Revolution by David Williamson - Wales Online
BBC General Election 2017
- The Welsh Conservative's general election campaign: an expert view - BBC
- General Election: Expert view on UKIP in Wales - BBC
- General Election: Expert view on Plaid Cymru - BBC
- General Election: Expert view on the Welsh Lib Dems - BBC
- General Election: Nye Davies view on Welsh Labour - BBC
- Tensions Rising over Trade Union Legislation - Click on Wales
- Is 'Clear Red Water' about to become even clearer? - Thinking Wales
- All those opposed: Plaid and the role of opposition in the National Assembly - Thinking Wales
- Elwyn Davies: how the media got away with it (w/ Steffan Evans) - Thinking Wales
- Wales and John McDonnell's 'radical federal UK' - Thinking Wales
- Wales vs England: A Twitter story (w/ Jac Larner and Steffan Evans) - Thinking Wales
- Welsh Labour is distancing itself from Corbyn but its manifesto reveals shared ambitions - The Conversation
- Labour: A united, not uniform party - Nation
- Labour's two campaigns gave the party one incredible result in Wales - The Conversation
I teach seminars on the following two 1st year undergraduate modules. I have also given lectures on the concept of power, including radical and Marxist perspectives of power, on the following 2nd year undergraduate module.
- Introduction to Government (1st year)
- Introduction to Political Thought (1st year)
- Comparative Politics: Protest, Power and Populism (2nd year)
The Political Thought of Aneurin Bevan
My thesis aims to study Aneurin Bevan as a political thinker and to assess whether a 'Bevanite' philosophy can be established. I aim to do this by studying Bevan through the lens of power in order to provide an analytical framework for the various elements of his thought. I will be studying Bevan through economic, political, military and ideological power, based on Michael Mann's four sources of power model.