Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I am a research assistant working within the Children's Social Care Research and Development Centre (CASCADE) at Cardiff University (School of Social Science). I am currently working on various projects surrounding peer parental advocacy in England and Wales and on the implementation of child sexual exploitation guidance in Wales.
I am also completing my PhD part-time (ESRC funded) in the School of Law and Politics and work as a tutor on the LLB Family Law module. For my PhD, I am exploring themes surrounding agency of opportunity for care-experienced young people in relation to access to higher education. As part of this, I am comparing legal and policy models in Wales and Norway. My research interests more broadly relate to care-leavers experiences of transition from care to independence and experiences within children's social care.
I am interested in the role of law and policy within children's social care. As a socio-legal researcher, I am particularly interested in the interaction between law and lived experience. My doctoral research focuses on how care-experienced individuals experience agency in accessing higher education and how legal and policy models influence this. For my PhD, I am comparing Welsh and Norwegian legislation, policy and practice in relation to the transition from care to independence. I am also interested in other experiences within children's social care, including peer parental advocacy, children's advocacy and CSE as part of my work with CASCADE.
- An exploration of policy models around leaving care in Wales and Norway (Doctoral research).
- Evaluation of parental advocacy services in four local authorities in Wales (CASCADE).
- A realist evaluation of peer parental advocacy services in Camden Local Authority (CASCADE).
- An evaluation of the implementation of CSE guidance in Wales (CASCADE).
- Evaluation of Resolve West Early Intervention project (CASCADE).
- An evaluation of local government responses to digital inclusion for care leavers during the pandemic (Masters dissertation)
- Evaluation of FDAC outcomes in Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire (LAWPL)
- A comprehensive review of literature on vulnerable suspects and defendants in the UK and US (CUROP)
- Cardiff Law School PGR Symposium (2022). Paper Presentation: ‘Agency of opportunity and care leaver transitions: A comparison of Welsh and Norwegian models of practice’.
- Cardiff University Breaking Boundaries Conference (2022). Poster Presentation: ‘A comparison of care leaver outcomes in Wales and Norway’.
- Annual Childlife Conference – Oslo Metropolitan University (2022). Paper Presentation: ‘Leaving state care in a pandemic: The impact of policy and practice on digital exclusion and social capital during Covid-19’.
- Kempe Conference (2022). Paper Presentation: ‘Peer Parental Advocacy: Implementation and Impact (co-presented with Dr Clive Diaz); Panel Discussion: ‘The voice and leadership of young people in child protection'. Paper Presentation: ‘Leaving care in a pandemic: The impact of policy and practice on digital exclusion in the UK’.
I have taught on the following modules:
- LLB Family Law (2022-2023)
- LLB Contract Law (2021-2022)