Myfyriwr ymchwil, Ysgol Seicoleg
- Canolfan Gwyddoniaeth Datblygiad Dynol (CUCHDS), 70 Plas y Parc, Caerdydd, CF10 3AT
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I am currently in the final year of the Doctorate in Educational Psychology
- Undergraduate Education
- Psychology BSc from Aberystwyth University
- Postgraduate Education
- Children’s Psychological Disorders MSc from Cardiff University
- Awards/External Committees
- Vice-chair of the Association of Child and Adolescent Mental Health (ACAMH) Welsh Branch Committee.
- Member of TEP Voice.
Interested in the characteristics of Selective Mutism and their applicability for the role of the Educational Psychologist
An exploration of the characteristics of Selective Mutism and their applicability for the role of the Educational Psychologist.
The purpose of the research is to investigate whether the characteristics observed by Maggie Johnson, a speech and language therapist specialising in SM, over decades of work in this area are present within individuals with Selective Mutism (SM). The project also aims to examine if this checklist of characteristics could then be used to benefit Educational Psychologists’ (EPs) hypothesis building, when they are working with children and young people with these presenting needs in order to minimise the delay for intervention.