Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I am a second year PhD student interested in the mobilisation and transport of seismically sourced sediment in the years following an earthquake.
- Earth surface processes
- Landscape evolution
- Sediment erosion and transport
- Carbon erosion and transport
My PhD focuses on better constraining how a catchment responds to the loose sediment generated by co-seismic landslides. I aim to achieve this by using landslide and debris flow deposit grain size distributions to determine the importance of debris flows in exporting seismically sourced sediment, with a particular focus on recent earthquakes in Wenchuan and Kaikoura. I intend to use a combination of fieldwork, GIS and python modelling througout my PhD.
My PhD is funded by NERC as part of the GW4+ DTP.
Throughout the first year of my PhD I have demonstated on the following modules as part of the Environmental Geography and Environmental Geoscience undergraduate courses;
- EA1202 - Earth Surface Processes
- EA1204 - Geographical Information Systems
- EA1206 - Environmental Geography Field Skills
- EA1216 - Fundamentals of Environmental Geography
- EA2211 - Environmental Field Skills
- EA2213 - Process Geomorphology