Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I received my BSc (Hons) in Physics from the University of Bristol in 2017, and my MSc in Physics from Cardiff University in 2018. As of 2020, I am an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA).
I am currently a PhD student (2018-2022) studying non-linear optical fabrication and characterisation techniques and how these can be applied to nanostructured magnetic and artificial biological systems, under the supervision of Dr. Sam Ladak and Prof. Wolfgang Langbein.
I tutor and demonstrate on MSc level modules PXT101/201, PXT102/202 and PXT103 with Dr. Richard Lewis and Dr. Paul Roche.
My work currently focuses on:
- Nanostructured 3D magnetic systems including nanowires, nanotubes and more complex 3D geometries
- Non-linear optical techniques for the fabrication and characterisation of polymers and magnetic systems
- Electrochemistry and its application to magnetic nanostrucutre fabrication
- Micro-magnetic simulations
Specifically I use the following techniques in my research:
- UV lithography
- Two-photon lithography
- Magneto-optical Kerr effect (MOKE) magnetometry
- Electrochemical and electroless deposition
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Quantitative differential interference contrast (qDIC) imaging
- Finite difference micro-magnetic modelling (e.g MuMax)
- Hunt, M.; Taverne, M.; Askey, J.; May, A.; Van Den Berg, A.; Ho, Y.-L.D.; Rarity, J.; Ladak, S. Harnessing Multi-Photon Absorption to Produce Three-Dimensional Magnetic Structures at the Nanoscale. Materials 2020, 13, 761.
- Askey, J.; Hunt, M.O.; Langbein, W.; Ladak, S. Use of Two-Photon Lithography with a Negative Resist and Processing to Realise Cylindrical Magnetic Nanowires. Nanomaterials 2020, 10, 429.
I assist teaching, lead sessions, mark and demonstrate on the following modules:
- PXT101/201 - Advanced Experimental Techniques in Physics (2018-present)
- PXT102/202 - Study and Research Skills in Physics (2018-present)
- PXT103 - Advanced LabVIEW Programming for Physicists (2018-present)