Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
I am a third-year PhD candidate in the School of English, Communication, and Philosophy. I am researching the representation of medieval queens in late Elizabethan history plays.
Delivering seminars for the following Year One English Literature modules:
- Critical Reading and Critical Writing (Core module) - Autumn 2017, 2018
- Drama: Stage and Page - Spring 2018, 2019, 2020
- Star-Cross'd Lovers: The Politics of Desire, Autumn 2019
Step Up to University
I am employed as a PhD tutor for Cardiff University's Widening Participation scheme 'Step Up to University'. I deliver masterclasses to year 12 students from schools and colleges across South Wales.
- Daring Drama: Putting Medieval Monarchs and Renaissance Royalty Centre Stage (2018 course delivered in the 'Humanities' stream)
- English Literature and Creative Writing Across Time, Form, and Genre (2019 course delivered in the 'English' stream)
- REBELLION!: Read, Said, Seen (2020 course delivered in the 'Language, Literacy, and Communication' stream)
The Brilliant Club's Scholars Programme
I am a Brilliant Club PhD tutor delivering courses that promote university-style learning amongst secondary school students. I have delivered the following courses in a number of South Wales schools:
- Into the Deep, Dark Woods: A Journey through Literature, a pre-designed Key Stage 2 course
- Through the Looking Glass: Introduction to Literary Theory, a pre-designed Key Stage 3 course
- Game of Thorns: Putting the 'Roses' of the Wars Centre Stage in the 1590s, a self-designed Key Stage 4 course
- Dreamlands and Hellscapes: creating the (im)perfect world, a self-designed Key Stage 4 and 5 course
Medieval Queens in Late Elizabethan History Plays: Staging the (Sexual) Politics of Queenship, 1589-99
The James Pantyfedwen Foundation