Free course for GPs - Palliative Care Update with Macmillan
11 June 2018
We’re pleased to announce a free short course on Palliative Care, in association with Macmillan Cancer Support.
The one-day short course runs on 21 June, and is aimed at GPs, hospital doctors and other members of the MDT who provide palliative care.
The course is fully funded by Macmillan Cancer Support and is completely free for professionals based in Aneurin Bevan to attend.
The course aims to:
- update health care professionals in core palliative care skills of the management of pain, GI symptoms and breathlessness
- review and update on current thinking and resources to aid advance care planning
- discuss responses to common ethical and legal dilemmas in the last year of life
- update and discuss resources to support the last hours of life
- provide an opportunity for peer learning and support for palliative care challenges in practice
The course will be held at St. David’s Hospice, Newport from 9am to 4.30pm on 21 June 2018.
For details and to register your interest, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 029 2087 5274.