Ewch i’r prif gynnwys

Translating documents

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

If any of your documents you are submitting are not in English, the original must be included with a fully certified translation by a professional translator.

This includes any references, qualifications, transcripts, bank statements and bank letters.

This translation must include:

  • translator’s qualifications
  • translator's contact details
  • confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date (which must be dated no more than one calendar month before you make your application for your student visa)
  • translator’s full name and signature.

Business Language Services and the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) offer professional translating services if you need them.

Finding a translator on the ITI website

  1. Click on "Find a professional".
  2. To search for a translator, click on "Translators" top of the web page.
  3. On language selection, click your language you are translating from (for example: "Chinese"). Leave the language "To" as "English".
  4. Input the "Subject Area" – there are drop down menus. If you need your qualification certificates or references translated please choose: "Humanities"
  5. Input the "Specific Area" – again a drop down menu. Choose "Education and Training".

You'll then get a list of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting qualified members who are experienced in translating from your language into English.

If you click on a name, the contact details for that person will be shown. It is up to you to negotiate rates with your chosen translator. The contract is strictly between you and the translator.

Watch the video to find out more

Watch the video