Cerddoleg, Ethnogerddoleg a Cherddoriaeth Poblogaidd
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our staff members are examining musical issues in a wide variety of periods (from the eighteenth to the twenty-first century) and in a wide range of contexts (such as Western Europe, the Middle East and West Africa).
In addition, they have completed major studies of individual artists (such as Birtwistle, Haydn, Ohana, Selçuk, Musorgsky, Boulez, Stravinsky and Tippett).
Major research outputs currently under way include:
- the music of Judith Weir
- 18th-century models of sublimity and their musical manifestations
- music and photography
- the music of Liszt
- San Francisco in the 60s
- a cultural history of music in Vienna
- music and nationhood in the Middle East
- opera and press caricature in 19th century France
- transatlantic religious drumming.