Diploma in Translation
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are an Examination Centre for the Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation.
The next exam will take place in January 2020 and the Centre fee will be £55 per unit (please note the £55 is in addition to the examination fee required by the Chartered Institute of Linguists and is non-refundable).
We cannot accept responsibility for the information contained in this page. All details should be confirmed with the Chartered Institute of Linguists.
Candidates are required to be registered as an Institute of Linguists IoLET affiliate member in order to register for this exam. Affiliate membership offers additional study resources, along with other benefits.
If you are interested in sitting your examination in Cardiff you need to:
- Contact us to confirm registration details.
- Send your Registration form to Cardiff for processing. This will then be sent on to the Chartered Institute of Linguists who will collect payment.
- Payment of the Centre fee is arranged directly with Cardiff and separately from the registration above.
Examinations take place in January.
- Tuesday 21 January 2020 - From all languages into English
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 - From English into all other languages
Unit 01 - 3 hours
A text of about 600 words of a demanding but non-specialised nature will be set. Candidates will be required to translate the text to a professional standard of accuracy in their target language.
Unit 02 - 2 hours
Semi-specialised translations from one of the following (approx. 450 words):
Unit 03 - 2 hours
Semi-specialised translations taken from one of the following (approx. 450 words):
- Social sciences
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4183