Ewch i’r prif gynnwys

Living in Cardiff

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

Useful information for anyone looking to live and work in Cardiff as an intern.

Roberta D'Agostino

Cardiff is a beautiful city and I fell in love with it from the first time I set foot in it. I fell in love with its parks, its streets, its Bay, its arcades and so on. People are friendly, funny and deeply in love with their country and origins. I was lucky enough to live the amazing experience of the Rugby World Cup 2015 and it is indescribable atmosphere.

Roberta D'Agostino, Intern, September - December 2015


You will need to arrange your own accommodation in Cardiff although we can offer information about budget hotels and/or hostels near the university.

The university estimates that bed and breakfast accommodation in local establishments will cost approximately £30-£40 a night and hotels charge £50-£105 a night.

If you are visiting as part of a Leonardo funded placement your accommodation in Cardiff will be arranged by ECTARC.

You can find useful information about coming to Cardiff from Visit Cardiff.

University residences

Low-cost self catering accommodation is available from Cardiff University during the summer vacation.

You must highlight that you will be working in the Cardiff EDC on an unpaid internship and that Ian Thomson, Cardiff EDC Director, will be your supervisor.

Please contact:

Swyddfa Llety'r Brifysgol

You can also contact residences to ask for weekly updated lists of private sector accommodation that might be suitable.


We recommend when you arrive in Cardiff that you register with a local doctor, details of which can be found at the website of the Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.

European Health Information Card (EHIC)

It is also important that you bring a current European Health Insurance Card. You should apply for this in your own country.

The EHIC makes it easier for people from the EU Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland to access healthcare services during temporary visits abroad.