Data and knowledge engineering
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our research specialises primarily in knowledge representation and reasoning, machine learning and data mining, and mobile and spatial informatics.
This research is embedded in a variety of application domains where we work closely with end-users. We develop novel techniques for capturing, modelling and processing information to support knowledgeable decision-making.
Our expertise spans several core areas of artificial intelligence and informatics, including:
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- machine learning and data mining
- distributed intelligent systems.
The group’s research in knowledge representation and reasoning addresses a variety of formalisms, including:
- logics of argumentation and non-monotonic reasoning
- lexically-informed logics
- controlled natural language.
Our strengths in machine learning include:
- text analytics
- natural language processing
- privacy-protection in data mining.
Group members’ interests in distributed intelligent systems include:
- context-aware decision support
- sensor informatics
- heterogeneous information management using ontological approaches.
Professor of Intelligent Systems
Professor of Advanced Information Systems
College Dean of Research
Professor of Mobile and Social Computing
Lecturer, Computer Science & Informatics
Professor of Geographic Information Systems
Director of Informatics Projects