Infections Inflammation and Immunity Division
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We have a wide variety of current studies including:
- Combatting antibiotic resistance
- Point of care testing for rapid diagnosis
- Developing and evaluating clinical tests and intervention strategies to reduce the impact of ageing on individuals and society.
Current areas of specialism include:
- Point of Care test development, evaluation and implementation
- Genitourinary tract infection and inflammation
- Epidemiology and management of sepsis
- Improving infection control and antimicrobial stewardship
- Management of clotting disorders
- Management of autoimmune disorders
- Continuing to deliver major grants and PhDs
- Working with Chief Investigators for larger grants, as well as establishing reputation and developing our investigators
- Expanding our portfolio (building on key publications in the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine), building relationships with key investigators and supporting next stages of studies – including funding for full trials
- Contributing to industry through well-designed studies working with Point of Care Testing (POCT) companies and the health sector.
Collaboration with Chief Investigators
We provide opportunities for joint working and development – with new or seasoned Chief Investigators. We work to support appropriately resourced trials and studies across a range of funders (in the UK and internationally) with strategic support of smaller studies. We have an open door policy, and will consider any well-designed research study or trial idea, even those currently outside scope.
Division Director and Deputy Director
Mae ein portffolio o waith yn cynnwys treialon cyffuriau ac ymyriadau cymhleth, mecanweithiau clefydau a thriniaethau, astudiaethau carfan a hysbysu polisi ac ymarfer.