Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our research has been long established in the exciting area of Heterogeneous Catalysis and Surface Science.
We are working to address the big challenges now facing science, including:
- the provision of clean water by controlling and destroying pollutants
- protecting the atmosphere
- using existing resources more efficiently
- developing low- and zero-carbon fuels
- enabling sustainable food production
We work closely with industry to ensure that the catalytic solutions that we discover or invent will be scaled-up and developed into commercial technologies.
Apply for our PhD/MPhil course
This course will provide knowledge and expertise for a career in research and managerial roles in manufacturing industry (e.g. food, cosmetics, petrochemical etc), in academia, in the pharmaceuticals and fine chemical sectors, teaching, biomedical research fields.
Available research areas
- Gold catalysis
- Environmental catalysis
- Catalyst discovery
- Catalyst synthesis
- Catalytic reaction mechanisms
- Theory and modelling
General enquiries about the courses above should be addressed to:
Full details of our PhD and MPhil degrees, including how to apply, are available in course finder.