Infections Inflammation and Immunity Division
We have a wide variety of current studies including:
- Combatting antibiotic resistance
- Point of care testing for rapid diagnosis
- Developing and evaluating clinical tests and intervention strategies to reduce the impact of ageing on individuals and society.
Current areas of specialism include:
- Point of Care test development, evaluation and implementation
- Genitourinary tract infection and inflammation
- Epidemiology and management of sepsis
- Improving infection control and antimicrobial stewardship
- Management of clotting disorders
- Management of autoimmune disorders
- Continuing to deliver major grants and PhDs
- Working with Chief Investigators for larger grants, as well as establishing reputation and developing our investigators
- Expanding our portfolio (building on key publications in the Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine), building relationships with key investigators and supporting next stages of studies – including funding for full trials
- Contributing to industry through well-designed studies working with Point of Care Testing (POCT) companies and the health sector.
Collaboration with Chief Investigators
We provide opportunities for joint working and development – with new or seasoned Chief Investigators. We work to support appropriately resourced trials and studies across a range of funders (in the UK and internationally) with strategic support of smaller studies. We have an open door policy, and will consider any well-designed research study or trial idea, even those currently outside scope.
Division Director and Deputy Director
Our portfolio of work includes drugs trials and complex interventions, mechanisms of disease and treatments, cohort studies and informing policy and practice.