Our research has been long established in the exciting area of Heterogeneous Catalysis and Surface Science.
We are working to address the big challenges now facing science, including:
- the provision of clean water by controlling and destroying pollutants
- protecting the atmosphere
- using existing resources more efficiently
- developing low- and zero-carbon fuels
- enabling sustainable food production
We work closely with industry to ensure that the catalytic solutions that we discover or invent will be scaled-up and developed into commercial technologies.
Apply for our PhD/MPhil course
This course will provide knowledge and expertise for a career in research and managerial roles in manufacturing industry (e.g. food, cosmetics, petrochemical etc), in academia, in the pharmaceuticals and fine chemical sectors, teaching, biomedical research fields.
Available research areas
- Gold catalysis
- Environmental catalysis
- Catalyst discovery
- Catalyst synthesis
- Catalytic reaction mechanisms
- Theory and modelling
General enquiries about the courses above should be addressed to:
Senior Lecturer in Inorganic Chemistry
- +44 (0)29 2087 0302