License our research findings
The outcomes of our research play a key role in fostering innovation, supporting social and economic development and contributing to improvements in health and quality of life.
We work to ensure that the outcomes of our research are applied for the widest possible benefit. We do all this in collaboration with many partners, including local companies and multi-national corporations, government and international agencies, and numerous other bodies worldwide.
Making our innovative research available to business is a key part of our mission. In doing so, we aim to improve the competitiveness, productivity and access of industry and commerce.
You can license our new products and processes by contacting our Technology Transfer office. We also actively work to establish joint ventures and new companies.
For potential licensees and investors
Our external spend in research exceeds £100M per annum, leading to many investment opportunities. Examples of our portfolio include:
- Alesi Surgical secures £2.1m funding - driving the further commercialisation of its lead product, Ultravision™
- Novel breast cancer agent investment - Partnership with Tiziana Pharmaceuticals to support work on a novel anti-cancer agent
- Diurnal announce Chronocort phase II success - Positive progress for Diurnal's CATCH (Chronocort® As Treatment for Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia) clinical study
- ENGIN spinout wins £650k DECC funding - Fault Current Limited has been awarded a £635,000 grant from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC)
- MedaPhor spinout enters Chinese market - Exclusive distribution agreement with Tellyes Scientific Inc to sell MedaPhor's range of ultrasound simulators into mainland China
- Asalus records clinical trial success - 'First-In-Man' trials success for Ultravision™ Technology.
Technology Transfer office
Fusion IP build profitable businesses out of our exceptional intellectual property.