How to book
If your requirements are still to be finalised, a provisional booking can be held for you and we can plan accordingly.
Place your order via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the full name (individuals) or company name and address where the invoice is to be sent. Please note that VAT will be added to the published prices.
If you are a member of University staff, please place your order via the online catering ordering system.
For further information please get in touch:
Conference and Events Team
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4027 / +44 (0)29 2087 6612
Our customer promise
We offer a range of professional catering services to suit your hospitality needs, from sandwiches and salads to three-and four-course dinner menus.
- Our dedicated in house catering team deliver high quality food which offers fantastic value for money.
- We only use the best ingredients that have been locally, ethically or sustainably sourced.
- All of our tea and coffee is Fairtrade supporting farmers and workers in the developing world through better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability and fair terms of trade.
- All delivered hospitality and event catering is freshly prepared and delivered by one of our dedicated and professional team members.
- All prices exclude VAT and are per person, unless otherwise indicated.
Our menus & services
If you have any specific requirements please do not hesitate to contact the catering professionals at email@example.com, Ext 74027 / 76612, who will be happy to help with your request. The team offer two styles of service:
- Our Delivered Hospitality Service provides the delivery and set up of your catering; however serving, replenishing, tidying and clearing the catering after the event is undertaken by the people attending the event or the person who made the booking.
- Our Event Service provides an event team on site throughout the time specified for your booking. The team would be present to oversee the delivery, to replenish the buffet table, clear plates and cups, tidy up, pack everything away and arrange for collection of the used items to be taken away. This service is available 7 days per week with no restrictive core hours (excluding University closure days).
Our service - days of operation
Our delivered hospitality service operates 7 days per week throughout the year except for University closure days (unless by prior agreement).
The service we provide is flexible and suits the needs of the University, supporting evening and weekend events.
Our core delivery days for Delivered Hospitality on Cathays Park Campus and Heath Park Campus are Monday to Friday. Deliveries taking place on the weekend and over a bank holiday will be subject to a surcharge of £20.00 per hour to cover additional costs.
Provision of staff
Staff are included within the Event Menus, but excluded from Delivered Hospitality. Should you require staff for your Delivered Hospitality, this can be provided at an hourly rate of £20.00 for a minimum of 2 hours and we recommend a staffing ratio of 1 staff member to 40 guests. This will depend on your event type and the Catering team will be pleased to discuss your requirements.
Booking and confirmation
- Please note that we are only able to process bookings during our office hours of 8.00am - 5.00pm.
- Catering Bookings should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email will need to include the following information:
- Full catering requirements including
- Delivery location and times.
- Name and full postal address for invoice.
- Any purchase order number / reference numbers required for the invoice.
- Full catering requirements including
- Bookings and final numbers must be received at least five full working days in advance.
- Bookings made less than five working days in advance may be accepted at the discretion of the University Catering team. These orders will incur a late administration order fee of £15.00. The catering team will endeavour to fulfil late orders; however, some menu items may not be available and will be substituted by an alternative menu item at the discretion of the catering team. Where possible we will advise customers of any changes.
- We regret that during the busy lunchtime period of 11:30 until 14:00 we cannot accept beverage only bookings for less than 20 delegates.
- There is no sale or return policy for bookings made from the hospitality delivery service.
- The sale of alcohol to those under the legal age is strictly prohibited and the University Catering team have the right to refuse such bookings.
- Prices are correct at the time of going to print. However, some adjustments may be made in the event of seasonal variation or shortage. You will be advised of any price changes at the time of booking.
Amendments & cancellations
- Amendments and cancellations should be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the booking reference number.
- In the event of a full or partial cancellation of a confirmed booking the following cancellation charges will apply:
- More than five working days prior to event – no charge
- Less than five working days prior to the event – 50% of expected income based on numbers
- Less than one working days’ notice – the full cost will be incurred
Availability & pricing
- Menus are subject to change according to the availability of products. The University Catering team will contact you if any changes need to be made to your catering order.
An invoice for full payment will be sent to organisers after the event and the final account must be settled no later than 4 weeks after the invoice has been received. University debtors with outstanding fees will be subject to further action (which may include legal proceedings) to recover the sums due. Any associated costs (including legal) incurred by the University will also be sought from the debtor.
It is the client’s responsibility for ensuring at the end of the event that all locations have been vacated and all furniture and effects are left in a clean and proper condition. Any damage to University property shall result in the client being invoiced for the replacement/repair cost. This includes damage, loss or theft of University property, and damage or discharging of fire equipment.
In relation to the Smoke Free Premises Act, the University is committed to making its premises completely smoking free for the protection of all its staff and students and has issued a policy encompassing government legislation. Therefore, smoking including the use of electronic cigarettes is not permitted in or on any University premises, except in designated areas. In University residences, this includes all study bedrooms, bars, meeting rooms, grounds and communal areas. All members of the University community, students, conference guests and visitors are required to follow this policy while using University premises.
The client shall effect third party insurance cover to the extent that it is required by the University. The client shall indemnify the University against all loss and damage and against all claims, suits and costs by reason or in consequence of the booking.
Except in the case of University negligence, Cardiff University does not accept any responsibility for the loss of or damage to personal effects. The University undertakes no responsibility for injury to delegates, visitors or guests while on University property. The client is advised to arrange adequate insurance cover.
The University will not be liable for failure to comply with any terms or conditions of this contract to the extent that such compliance is prevented, hindered or delayed by any cause beyond its control including but not limited to fire, storm, explosion, flood, snow, Act of God, action of any Government or Governmental Agency, shortage of materials of goods, strike or lock-out.
Campus Facilities is self-financing and operates a Conference & Events Service as a commercial activity with the purpose of generating income to re-invest back in to the Campus Facilities estate. It is not the intention for Campus Facilities to analyse each individual booking however it is a legal requirement that the University considers if any event is likely to have an impact on the University’s reputation. The University also needs to consider whether there is any known or likely impact on the safety of students, staff or wider community attending the event or triggered by the event taking place. This includes detrimental impact on the University’s premises and normal course of business.
Cardiff University has the right to request information on any proposed external speaker or subject of discussion. Where insufficient information is provided the booking will not be made. This information must be provided at least 21 days prior to the proposed event. All speakers are required to read the “University’s Freedom of Speech Policy” and “Dignity at Work and Study Policy”. If there is any concern that the event will breach any legal provisions or obligations of the University, then the booking may be refused.
When your food has been delivered, store it carefully away from direct sunlight or heat sources, such as radiators. If at all possible, ensure that fresh cream products are kept apart from strong flavoured foods. Keep your food covered until it is required to ensure its freshness.
Food deteriorates when left out at room temperature for long periods. We advise that you consume your meal within 1 hour of receipt. Food should not be consumed after 3 hours for food safety reasons.
The University catering team uses nominated suppliers for all its food products and therefore we cannot accept responsibility for any food items purchased outside and consumed on campus. In accordance with the Food Safety Act, customers are strongly recommended not to undertake the preparation of food themselves.