Management, employment and organisation
As well as promoting research of international quality, we deliver outstanding research-led teaching and provide a supportive environment for the development of academic researchers and educators.
We undertake research in three broad areas:
- organisation studies
- employment relations
- public sector management.
Our researchers have a very strong publishing, advisory and consulting profile, providing advice and reports for a wide range of corporate and other stakeholders. Recent users of our research have included:
- The International Labour Organisation
- Trades Union Congress
- The European Commission
- The International Transport Workers Federation
- Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
- Welsh Government
- Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.
Members of the section are responsible for editing several major international journals including:
- British Journal of Management
- Journal of Management Studies and Work
- Employment and Society.
Disability discrimination is a key focus for colleagues within the section, and across the University. Take a look at the video for an insight in to our latest research and activity.
Groups and centres
The management, employment and organisation section is home to the following research groups and centres:
- Cardiff Health Organisation and Policy Studies
- Cardiff Organisation Research Group
- Employment Research Unit
- Wales Centre for Public Policy
Our academics are also working with colleagues across the University, participating in three interdisciplinary research institutes: