Skip to main content

EU/EEA or Swiss national staff working in the UK

Information for non-UK EU/EEA or Swiss national staff working at Cardiff University.

The guidance will be reviewed regularly and updated as appropriate. You are advised to check this page regularly for further updates.

If you’re a EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

Except in a few cases, you need to apply if:

It is free to apply for this scheme. There are certain criteria that need to be met for EU-Settled and Pre-Settled status, which include the requirement to have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020.

Staff can access more information about the EU Settlement Scheme on the staff intranet.

Those who do not need to apply for settlement

Some individuals do not need to apply and this includes those who have: