The School has a Media Lab which is open 24/7, except during Bute Building closures.
Available solely to the Welsh School of Architecture (WSA) students. It is equipped with the following facilities:
- Windows 7 CAD orientated workstations with 24in wide HD LCD screens
- Konica multifunctional devise which enables up to A3 Colour printing, copying and scanning
- Large format full HD projection screen and projector
Among a variety of standard office, internet and utility software the school provides the following course specific software:
- Adobe Creative Studio Standard (Photo editing/DTP)
- Autodesk Educational Master Suite inc various plugins (3D/CAD)
- Rhino, inc Grasshopper 3D (3D/CAD)
- APS Ethos (Laser cutter design)
- Meteonorm (Weather modelling)
- Pepakura Designer (paper modelling)
- Sketch up Pro (3D design)
The technical office also has the following for students to borrow:
- pool laptops
- digital cameras
- handy cams
- audio speakers and mics.
The school also offers 4 x A1 plotters as well as various digital fabrication lab facilities.
In addition to the facilities provided by the School, open-access computing facilities are available in the Bute Library and also at other locations around the University. Some of these can be block-booked for teaching purposes.
Read our step-by-step guide to the postgraduate application process and see the criteria required for your programme of study.