Widening access addresses the recruitment, retention and progression of students from a wide variety of groups traditionally under-represented in higher education.
These include people from ethnic minority groups, from disadvantaged communities, people with disabilities and those from families with no previous experience of higher education.
Cardiff University is dedicated to promoting equality. We recognise the benefits that a diverse and talented student community can bring. We are committed to responding to the Welsh Government's expectations outlined in its higher education strategy - For our Future - and have developed a widening access and retention strategy through which we will:
- raise the aspirations and attainment of students from groups under-represented in higher education in Wales
- ensure that we recruit students to the University from all backgrounds and recognise the full potential of students during the admissions process
- offer additional routes onto selected full-time undergraduate courses and more flexible postgraduate modes of delivery
- provide tailored support for students to allow them to develop academically, professionally and personally to their full potential.
Many staff and students across the University are involved in this important work.
Widening access team
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4455