Court is a widely representative body, giving the various constituencies or stakeholders with an interest in the University a formal route for receiving information and raising issues.
Meetings of the Court are held once a year (usually in March) and are chaired by our Chancellor. The Annual Report and Financial Statements are received at the meeting.
The main functions of the Court are:
- appointing members of the Court
- receiving the Annual Report on the work of the University from the President and Vice-Chancellor
- receiving the audited Statement of Accounts
- appointing three members of the Court to serve on a Nominations Committee to appoint a Chancellor
- discussing any matters relating to the University and to advise the Council as it sees fit.