Storytellers, poets and media creatives we invite you to share your story!
Cardiff University has partnered with London's Southbank Centre to offer 25 individuals (Men & Women, 18-30 years) from across Wales the opportunity to attend the 2013 Women of the World (WOW) Festival in London on Saturday 9th March.
The idea: To share stories of what it means to be 'Living in a World of Digital – Past, Present or Future.'
The 25 individuals selected will:
- Travel to London to attend WOW2013 with a group of digital media mentors from Cardiff University and organisations across Wales (festival day pass and return travel from Cardiff to London is provided);
- Contribute to the festival program by sharing their story on the festival's blog;
- Be involved in discussions about 'women and digital technology' and have the opportunity to learn about women's achievements across the world.
Create a story or express your thoughts in a creative way about what it is like 'Living in a World of Digital – Past, Present or Future'. You can submit your entry in any creative digital format (e.g., creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, photography, video, presentation, blog post, curated story of social media artefacts etc) by completing this online form and uploading your submission.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Tuesday 26th February 2013
By participating in this competition you will be part of the development, with Cardiff University, of a mentoring network --- where everyone is a mentor --- about women and digital technology across Wales.
If you have any questions about the competition or the WOW2013 event in March please contact Amy Stackhouse – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open to Men & Women, 18-30 years of age
- Residents of Wales
- Must be available all day Saturday 9th March to attend WOW2013 in London
- Entries must be submitted before midnight on Tuesday 26th February. Entries which are incomplete, illegible or late will be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Cardiff University.
- Successful entrants will be selected by the end of February
- If the winner¹s email address or telephone number is unreachable or they fail to respond to Cardiff University within 5 days they will forfeit their selection
- Each successful entrant will contribute a blog post about their submission to the WOW2013 website.
- Winners may be expected to take part in publicity for Cardiff University and winners¹ names will be published on the Cardiff University website.
- After WOW 2013 all entries and the final selected entries will exhibit at Cardiff University