Publication of report on promotion of Welsh Language
The report ‘A Review of the Work of Mentrau Iaith, Language Action Plans and the Aman Tawe Language Promotion Scheme’ has now been published on the Welsh Government’s website.
Three of the School of Welsh’s members of staff (Dr Jeremy Evas, Professor Diarmait Mac Giolla Chríost and Professor Colin H. Williams) worked on the report commissioned by the Welsh Government in March 2013 as a part of their commitment to strengthen the Welsh language in the community.
The aim of the review was to examine the following:
- the methods used by the organisations to promote and facilitate the use of Welsh
- identifying the whole range of activities conducted by the organisations - and assessing
- to what extent they reflect local needs, and to what extent the organisations
- collect data effectively in order to assess the impact of activities;1do the organisations’ structures ensure effective working, partnership working and
- sharing of good practice
- the potential to further develop the role of the Mentrau
- are the Mentrau doing work that should be done by others (such as local authorities)
- is the level of funding provided by the Welsh Government appropriate?
To download the report please click here:
If you would like further information please contact
Thomas Barrett Cardiff University Press Office – BarretTL1@cf.ac.uk