01/09/2016 - 02/09/2016
We are happy to announce that the 9th Celtic Linguistics Conference (CLC9) will be held between the 1 – 2 September 2016 at the School of Welsh, Cardiff University.
Abstracts are welcomed for presentations on all aspects of linguistic research on the Celtic languages. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to) phonology, phonetics, syntax, sociolinguistics, historical development, speech technology, and issues relevant to minority languages.
- Dr Mari Jones (Cambridge University)
- Emeritus Professor Patrick Sims-Williams (Aberystwyth University)
- 1 page maximum (A4 or letter-sized, 12pt font, 2.5cm/1-inch margins), including examples and references.
- Abstracts should be submitted as a .pdf, .doc or .odt file using EasyAbs here. Go to: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/CIG9-CLC9
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously, so authors are asked to avoid self-referencing.
The conference will include oral presentations (30 minutes, including discussion) and posters.
The language of the abstracts, oral presentations and posters will be Welsh or English.
- Submit abstracts by 11 April 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 26 May 2016
- Conference: 1–2 Sept 2016
More information will be published in due course.
Note that there are a limited number of rooms in Cardiff University halls of residence available here during the conference
- Dr Jonathan Morris
- Dr Iwan Rees
Contact us for more information: Morrisj17@cardiff.ac.uk