Training & Development
The Doctoral Academy delivers an integrated and comprehensive programme of skills development and formal training for postgraduate researchers known as the Doctoral Academy Programme. The programme offers workshops and courses in research skills and techniques, as well as broader areas of research management and professional development.
In addition to courses, the Doctoral Academy enables researcher development through a number of other opportunities: student conferences, funding for student-led interdisciplinary activities, Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) Competition and much more.
- Doctoral Academy Programme
- Information for new postgraduate research students
- Funding for interdisciplinary activities
- Careers events
- Student conferences
- Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) competition
- Research skills resources
- Images of Research
- Online research skills modules
- Videos: PhD survival, viva, presentations, supervision
- Planning your skills development with the RDF
- Recognition for PGRs who teach
- Welsh medium provision
- Presentation skills
- Part-time and distance students
Important legal information
The University is committed to providing a wide range of workshops where possible, but students should be aware that whilst every effort is made to offer choice this may be limited in certain circumstances. This is due to the fact that some workshops have limited numbers of places available, which are allocated on a first-come first-served basis, while others have minimum student numbers required before they will run, to ensure that an appropriate quality of training can be delivered; some workshops require students to have a certain level of prior knowledge. Some workshops may be cancelled at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control, but we will make every effort to reschedule within the academic session.