Links & Resources
Advice and Support
Key websites providing advice and support on reducing carbon emissions include:
- The Carbon Trust, which helps organisations of all sizes to cut their energy bills and carbon emissions with practical advice, publications, interest-free loans and on-site surveys.
- The Energy Saving Trust provides a range of resources to help reduce carbon emissions.
- The Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) promotes sustainability within universities and colleges in the UK.
- The Welsh Assembly Government's "Help Wales reduce its Carbon Footprint" website.
- Some suggestions on How to Reduce your Carbon Emissions by 10% from the Guardian newspaper.
- A list, provided by E.ON, of everyday activities and their energy costs ("Energy Menu").
- A Carbon Footprinting Tool provided by DirectGov (the UK government's digital service for people in England and Wales).
- Please see also our section Get Involved: How you can help reduce climate change.
- HE Case Studies available from the Higher Education Environmental Performance Improvement (HEEPI) homepage
- Ashton Hayes Going Carbon Neutral Project - aiming to be England's first carbon neutral village - have cut emissions by 21% since they started.
- DEFRA Climate Change Information
- Climate Change - Global Dimming
- Sir David Attenborough: The truth about climate change
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - Reports
- Joint science academies’ statement: Global response to climate change
- High Education Environmental Performance Improvement SUSTE-IT Presentations
Including Energy Efficient Configuration, Cooling & Power Supply in Data Centre, held at Cardiff 19 June 2008
- Towards Low Carbon ICT
Wednesday 19th March, 2008 at the Said Business School, Oxford University.
The University is not responsible for the content of external web sites.