Visit Cardiff University
There are a number of opportunities for individual students and school groups to visit our campus and learn more about the University first-hand.
Have your Year 13 students missed the opportunity to visit the University at one of our 2017 Open Days?
We will be holding Campus Visits on Saturday 25 November and Saturday 9 December 2017 to offer those who are yet to visit the chance to learn more about the University and the city.
Here, students will be able to:
- visit and tour the campus with one of our student guides
- see the Students' Union, rated top four in the UK
- attend our ‘Why Cardiff?’ talk to find out why we receive over 35,000 applications a year, along with information about our admissions process
- meet some of our current students and quiz our student panel on what it’s like to study in the capital city of Wales
- watch our student-led films (some of which are created by our own students) whilst munching on some complimentary popcorn.
See our booking form for further information.
School group booking are welcome at our next University-wide Open Day which will be held on Wednesday 18 April 2018.
Students can benefit from the many talks, tours, displays and demonstrations run throughout the day and will gain a real insight into life at one of Britain’s leading teaching and research universities.
Open Day offers the opportunity to learn more about key topics such as student finance, the application process and student life, as well as offering the chance to tour our campus, view accommodation and meet our current students and academic staff.
Teacher and careers advisors can also benefit from the day by joining us for the following tailored activities:
- “Supporting your student” – Teachers and Careers Advisers session offering University updates as well as advice and guidance on supporting your students through the application process.
- Teachers' Lunch - this is an ideal opportunity for you to meet with Admissions and Schools Liaison staff, as well as colleagues from other schools and colleges.
- Teachers' Lounge – offering a quiet space for visiting teachers to work, read newspapers or simply to relax with a drink and a Welsh cake, our lounge is designed to give you a place to take time out whilst your students tour the campus.
Register now to sign up to our newsletter where we will notify you when bookings are open.