EU countries

If  you normally live in a country within the EU and intend to study towards your first degree at Cardiff University in 2018/19, you will be eligible to receive funding for the duration of your course.

Tuition Fee Funding

EU students beginning a course in 2018/19 could be eligible for a repayable tuition fee loan of up to £9,000 per year, subject to terms and conditions.

How to apply for tuition fee funding

Students who are ordinarily resident in the EU (but not the UK) and who will be studying at Cardiff University can apply to Student Finance Wales for tuition fee funding. The application process for the 2018/19 academic year is now open.

Please apply for this funding before coming to University to ensure your funding is in place when you enrol.

Will I keep this funding for the length of my course?

EU nationals who are currently in receipt of tuition fee support and EU nationals who intend to begin studying in 2018/19 will continue to receive financial support towards tuition fees for the duration of their course. For these students, the terms of their funding will not change even if the UK leaves the EU during their studies.

Cost of living in Cardiff

Cardiff is considered to be one of the most affordable UK cities to live in while you study. See our living cost calculator for the average cost of living in Cardiff as a full time, undergraduate student.

Repaying a tuition fee loan

It is intended that you will only start to repay this when you have finished your studies and are earning over a specific threshold. The threshold is determined by where you are ordinarily resident after your studies. More information about this can be found on the Student Loans Company repayment website.

Contact us

If you have any questions please get in touch:

Advice and Money Team