Spectroscopy and dynamics
Each year the School of Chemistry welcomes applicants who have secured funding from external sponsors, or who are self-funded.
Details for each project can be obtained by contacting the member of academic staff directly. Please state which project(s) you would like to be considered for on your application form.
- Visualisation of weakly interacting molecules in solution by Selective Electron Nuclear Double Resonance (ENDOR) spectroscopy.
- ab initio methods and linear-scaling for large molecules.
- Metal-protein interactions in Alzheimer's disease.
- Metal-DNA interactions in cancer therapeutics.
- Theoretical studies of non-covalent interactions.
- Computer simulation of metal-amyloid interaction and its role in plaque formation.
- EPR spectroscopy of TiO2 photocalalysts.
- Development of trace gas sensitive spectrometers.