Opportunities available in the Biomedical Engineering Research Group are:
- Working with FIFA to develop sports playing surfaces that will minimise injuries to elite athletes. This research is being carried out in collaboration with the Department of Sports Science at Cardiff Metropolitan University and looks at player/surface interaction associated with artificial football pitches.
- Using motion analysis to determine the mechanisms and forces associated with soft tissue trauma and the effectiveness of treatment regimens for Achilles.
- PhD projects in the field of Trauma Science which will involve the mechanisms to cause injury and the possible prevention and treatment of injuries.
- Novel technology in cancer detection: Projects are proposed to investigate innovative and feasible techniques to integrate with clinical and preclinical applications.
- Ultrasound investigation of cardiovascular diseases: Projects are proposed to further investigate new identifications of the diseases by potentially reprocessing the B-mode and Doppler signals.
- Vascular signature in sports medicine: Further investigations are wanted to provide the evidence of the correlation between the vascularization and pathological process in the sports medicine.
For programme structure, entry requirements and how to apply, visit the Engineering programme.View programme
Meet us at our Postgraduate Open Day on 22 November 2017.