School of Engineering - China Scholarship Council
|Application deadline||26 January 2018|
|Start date||October 2018|
|Duration||up to 4 years|
|Level of study||Postgraduate research|
|Award type||PhD studentship|
China Scholarship Council
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) funds Chinese university students to study overseas for PhD degrees in the fields of science and technology.
CSC awards typically cover air fares and living costs for up to four years.
We are offering a minimum of thirteen scholarships providing tuition fee waivers for successful China Scholarship Council students.
Candidates may propose their own research programme or can apply to undertake one of the following projects in the School of Engineering:
- Towards Printing and Packing Energy Storage Devices
- Semantic SLAM and Ontological Representation for Robot Navigation and Decision Making in Unstructured Environment
- Designing 3D printed materials with novel thermo-mechanical properties
- Numerical modelling of three-dimensional multiphase flows
- A novel modelling approach to enhance the predictability and reliability of nanoscale mechanical machining
- Modeling Method and Design of Dynamic Inductive Power Transfer for Electric Vehicles
- Radiomics as an imaging biomarker in Head and Neck cancer
- Numerical modelling of multiphase flows
- An innovative design of smart materials for foldable wings and soft robots
- Effect of soil biofilm on soil mechanical and hydrological behaviour
- Phytoremediation of light non-aqueous phase liquids in soils
- Response of plant roots to mechanical and hydraulic stresses – implications for geotechnical performance
- Numerical Simulations of Local Scour around Hydraulic Structures
- Modelling infiltration and runoff erosion of hydrophobic soils
- QUASI-METAMATERIALS: quasicrystalline metamaterial concepts for advanced engineering applications
- Advanced electroactive soft material devices: smart actuation and energy harvesting
- Modelling of the impact of typhoons on morphological changes of tidal radial sand ridges.
|Tuition fee support||Full overseas fees|
|Residency||UK Research Council eligibility conditions apply|
To be considered for CSC funding, please complete the standard PhD in Engineering. This cycle of applications relates to start dates from October 2018.
Applications should be made in accordance with CSC guidance.
The standard Cardiff University PhD application form will be used to assess an applicant’s eligibility. However, please note the additional requirements listed below.
In addition to the standard application form, applicants should also:
- Attach an Academic CV. Further guidance on academic CVs can be found at vitae.ac.uk.
- Ensure the Personal Statement (part of the University application form) provides a clear explanation of the research interest, preparation undertaken, and an understanding of the significance of the research. Further guidance can be found at vitae.ac.uk.
- Select ‘I will be applying for a scholarship/grant’ when prompted on the University application form.
- When asked ‘Please give the name of the individual or organisation to whom you are applying’, the following statement can be copied ‘I wish to be considered for China Scholarship Council funding’.
An offer of a place on a PhD programme, and a fee waiver from Cardiff University is required to apply for CSC funding.
We reserve the right to close applications early should sufficient applications be received.