Funding for study or research abroad
A range of organisations provide funding to promote cultural exchange and international mobility in research and teaching.
These funding opportunities are generally open for doctoral students wishing to conduct part of their studies or research abroad.
Opportunities for UK and EU students
This is a selected list of funding opportunities for UK and EU students. Note that Cardiff University is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- Leverhulme Trust Study Abroad Studentships - funding for 12 to 24 months of advanced study or research at a centre of learning in any overseas country except the USA.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) - scholarships and funding for doctoral students to go to Germany.
- Entente Cordiale Scholarships - short-term scholarships (3 to 6 months) to carry out doctoral or post-doctoral research in a French research institution or laboratory.
- Finnish Centre for International Mobility, CIMO Fellowships - short-term scholarships (3 to 12 months) for doctoral level students. The visiting researcher must have established contacts with a Finnish host university who applies to CIMO for the grant.
- EURAXESS – Researchers in Motion - information and support services for research students wishing to relocate to a different European country.