International Foundation Programme Scholarships
Scholarships are available for eligible students studying on our International Foundation Programme (IFP).
You must have accepted an offer of a place on the IFP before applying for these scholarships.
This scholarship is offered to non-sponsored students who hold an offer to study on our International Foundation Programme.
There are five scholarships available for 2017 entry.
The scholarship holders will receive a fee reduction to the value of £3,000 from the International Foundation Programme tuition fees.
3 February 2017
Our one-year International Foundation Programme (IFP) gives students the academic study and English language skills needed to enter an undergraduate degree scheme in the UK.
IFP Merit International Scholarships eligibility criteria
- You must be confirmed as an Overseas Student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter).*
- You must fully complete the application form with the supporting statements as directed. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- Cardiff University must have received your application for an academic course by 13:00 (UK time) Thursday 27 April 2017. You must have received, and firmly accepted, a conditional or unconditional offer by the deadline of 13:00 (UK time) Friday 26 May 2017.
- You must return the completed scholarship application form by the deadline: 13:00 (UK time) Friday 26 May 2017. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by the deadline. Any applications not sent to this email account will not be considered.
- International Foundation Programme applicants for the IFP Merit International Scholarships must have received a conditional or unconditional offer for the 2017/18 academic year. Applicants must have accepted their offer via the Cardiff University SIMS online application service by 1300 (UK time) Friday 26 May 2017.
- After this date, applicants have until 13:00 (UK time) Thursday 3 August 2017 to have firmly accepted an unconditional offer:
Applications where the status is not unconditional after this time will not be considered.
- Scholarships must be accepted within five working days of being offered or will be withdrawn.
- Scholarships are to be used for entry in academic year 2017/18 only and cannot be used for 2018/19 entry. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, you will lose your scholarship and will need to re-apply again in the following year.
- These scholarships are only available to self-funded students. Students who are in receipt of full funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from a sponsorship body (such as their home countrys Government, charity or a private organisation) are not eligible to apply.
- Students must satisfy certain financial requirements as part of their visa application for study in the UK and students should not be solely relying on receiving a scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements. Further information on UKVI financial requirements for visa applications can be found on this web link.
- If a student withdraws/is required to withdraw from study before completing their degree, or does not complete their degree from Cardiff University, they will be responsible for repaying all or part of the monies received from the IFP Merit International Scholarship award on a pro-rata basis.
- The IFP Merit International Scholarships are for a maximum of one academic year (interruption of study is not eligible as part of the fund). If students are required to re-sit a year of study, then they will not receive any further funding. This scheme does not cover ongoing study at undergraduate level.
* If you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for the Merit International Scholarships.
If you have any questions regarding these awards, please contact:
International Foundation Office
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 6416