High Performance Programme
The High Performance Programme (HPP) exists to help students excel in both their academic and sporting careers whilst studying here.
The programme is more than just financial assistance; it is a programme that provides elite sportsmen and women with structured support. It aims to:
- increase the performance level of athletes
- provide an athlete centred service
- provide a range of support services
- provide the best support and training environment
- continually improve the University’s BUCS ranking
We are judged on our BUCS ranking and as such priority will be given to those athletes who are of an international standard in a BUCS sport and are willing to represent Cardiff University, although applications from all sports will be considered.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate current sporting achievement at Junior International level (or equivalent).
- Current senior Internationals will be given priority above Juniors, with current GB Senior Internationals seen as the highest level possible in the majority of sports.
- Applicants must show the desire and aspiration to continue performing at the highest possible level throughout their time here.
Competition for places on the programme can be very high so nothing is guaranteed and it is essential all applicants must be able to show evidence of their sporting achievements.
Anyone can apply for an award as long as they have met the academic requirements for a course and subsequently been given a confirmed place at Cardiff University.
To apply, send the following information to our Performance Sport Officer:
16 January 2017
Application form for the High Performance Programme.
Returning students must download an alternative High Performance application from the student intranet.
Performance Sport Officer - Charlotte Arter
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9715