Our performance programmes enable student-athletes to continue their sporting careers alongside their education.
We are entering a new era in performance sport, which aims to support sporting excellence while also supporting student-athletes through a high level academic course.
Over the last few years, we have consistently ranked in the top 20 sporting institutions in the UK and this success is recognised with ex-students including:
- Jamie Roberts (Wales Rugby)
- Natalie Powell (British and Welsh Judo)
- Sophie Clayton (Wales Hockey)
- Elinor Snowsill (Wales Women's Rugby)
- Emma Thomas (Wales Netball)
- Sally Peake (Great Britain and Welsh Athletics)
- Pete Gardner (Great Britain Rowing)
High Performance Programme
To aid the future development of athletes, we have developed a High Performance Programme that supports student-athletes to excel in their given sport alongside their education.
We are also involved in specialist programs which aim to develop and establish Cardiff University among the top institutions in the UK.
- Cricket - part of the MCCU Cricket Academy run by the MCC.
- Golf - in association with the R&A Individual foundation scholarships.
- Badminton - through a partnership with the Welsh Badminton Union High Performance Centre.
- Rowing - through partnership with Welsh Rowing.
- Triathlon - through partnership with Welsh Triathlon and the Cardiff Triathlon Performance Centre.
Get in touch
If you would like any further information on performance sport, please contact:
Performance Sport Officer - Charlotte Arter
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9715