Firm and Insurance applicants
To ensure you are guaranteed a single occupancy place in University residences you will need to:
- Submit your online application on or before Wednesday 8 August (Firm applicants) or Friday 31 August 2018 (Insurance applicants). Please note that applications for Insurance applicants open on A Level results day.
- Receive/accept an unconditional offer to study by Friday 31 August 2018.
- Accept your online Offer of Residence within 7 days of your room being allocated.
- Arrive and collect your room key within the dates/times specified in the Arrival Information.
Due to the embargo periods for both Scottish and A’Level results, UCAS applicants will not be able to access the Cardiff Student Portal from:
- 18:00 Monday 30 July to 09:00 Tuesday 7 August - the Cardiff Student Portal will be available sometime in the afternoon on 7 August
- 14:00 Friday 10 August to 06:00 Thursday 16 August - the Cardiff Student Portal is planned to be closed from the afternoon of Thursday 9 August to the morning of Thursday 16 August.
- If your online application is received after the deadline or you receive/accept an unconditional offer to study after Friday 31 August 2018, we will do our best to accommodate you and your application will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- If you are unable to arrive within the specified dates, your Offer of Residence will be withdrawn and your room allocated to another student. We will no longer be able to guarantee you a place in University residences and you will need to contact the Residences Office when your travel date is confirmed to check room availability.