Erasmus and exchange students
Full session (September to June)
If you are studying at Cardiff University for the full academic year (September to June) you are guaranteed a single occupancy place in University residences.
To ensure you are guaranteed a room you will need to:
- Submit your online application by 09:00 Thursday 8 August 2019
- Receive/accept an unconditional offer to study by Saturday 31 August 2019
- Accept your online Offer of Residence within 5 days of your room being allocated
- Arrive and collect your room key within the dates/times specified in the Arrival Information.
- If your online application is received after 09:00 Thursday 8 August 2019 or you receive/accept an unconditional offer to study after Saturday 31 August 2019, we will do our best to accommodate you and your application will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- If you are unable to arrive within the specified dates, your Offer of Residence will be withdrawn and your room allocated to another student. We will no longer be able to guarantee you a place in University residences and you will need to contact the Residences Office when your travel date is confirmed to check room availability.
Part session (Autumn or Spring Semester only)
Unfortunately, the Residences Office cannot guarantee part session students a place in University residences.
Students arriving in September
We are unlikely to know if we can offer you a place in University residences until late September. You will receive further information regarding your arrival in Cardiff from Global Opportunities.
Students arriving after September
We are more likely to be able to offer you a place in University residences as vacancies generally become available from the first week in October. You should contact the Residences Office prior to your arrival in Cardiff to check availability.