The residential dates for your particular residence will be confirmed in your Offer of Residence.
Please note: all residential periods may include placement periods when you will be paying residences fees but may not be occupying your room.
Standard residential period
- Self-catered, part-catered, catered
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 to Monday 18 June 2018, including all vacations.
Non standard residential period
- These periods are set in line with individual course semester dates and generally apply to students studying:
- Dental Hygiene/Therapy
- Operating Departmental Practice
- Radiography / Radiotherapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Actual dates for your residential period will be confirmed in your Offer of Residence.
Intermediate residential period (Talybont Court and Talybont Gate)
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 to Friday 29 June 2018, including all vacations.
41 week residential period (Liberty House)
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 to Wednesday 4 July 2018, including all vacations.
Full year residential period
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 to Friday 14 September 2018.
- Students with a Full Year Residential Period may be required to move from the occupied study bedroom to an alternative study bedroom as near as possible within the same residential area. This will ensure that you remain accommodated with other students and will minimise the disruption caused when essential maintenance work is carried out on site. It is expected that this move will take place in June/July. You will be notified of the details and the alternative room to which you are to move by the Residences Manager.
- It is not possible to remain in your residences after the end of the residential period.
Early arrivals from overseas
If you intend to arrive in Cardiff before the start of the residential period covered by your Residences Agreement, please note the following:
- If you plan to arrive before Monday 18 September, your allocated room will not be available and you will need to make your own arrangements for temporary accommodation until the start of the residential period.
- If you plan to arrive between Monday 18 September and the start of your residential period, your allocated room may be available. You will need to contact your Residences Manager well in advance of your arrival to check this. If your allocated room is not available until the start of the residential period, you will need to make your own arrangements for temporary accommodation until the start of the residential period.