Working in the UK after you have completed your studies
Information relevant to international students who want to stay on in the UK to work at the end of their studies can be found on the UKCISA.web site. This gives information about some of the schemes available including:
- Tier 1
- Graduate Entrepreneur. For more information on how the University may be able to assist you with making an application as a Graduate Entrepreneur please go to Cardiff University Enterprise website.
- Tier 2 General
- Tier 4
- Students' Union Sabbatical Officers
- Doctorate Extension Scheme. This is a new scheme in force from 06 April 2013. It is designed to give students who have almost finished their UK PhD or other doctorate qualification an additional 12 months of Tier 4 (General) immigration permission in which to look for and start work in the UK. For more information on the scheme please refer to UKCISA and the UKBA web pages. Please note that Cardiff University is currently consulting on application procedures for this new visa, and so anyone wishing to apply should consult the ISS team for advice.
- Tier 5
- Youth Mobility Scheme (including the Intern in Britain scheme, for more information on this scheme please see the BUNAC website)
- Temporary Worker
- Work experience - post doc
- Turkish Workers
- UK Ancestry
More information on all aspects of working in the UK is available on the UK Border Agency website.