Skip to content
Skip to navigation menu


What happens if you are reported to the Home Office?

If for any reason your course ends earlier than expected, then the University is required to report to the Home Office that you are no longer being sponsored.

In these circumstances the Home Office will limit your permission to stay in the UK to 60 days. This is called curtailment of leave. You will receive a letter explaining that your visa (otherwise known as leave) has been curtailed to 60 days and you should then make arrangements to leave the UK as soon as possible or alternatively find a new Tier 4 sponsor. 

We would strongly suggest that you discuss your options with an International Student Adviser


Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information herein, Cardiff University can accept no responsibility for errors or omissions.

Cardiff University is not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within.

The government makes changes to the immigration rules and procedures on a regular basis, so it is important that you check the current guidance and rules. For further information visit UKCISA and the Home Office websites.