Cardiff University Rugby Bursaries
Deadline for applications for this years bursaries is Tuesday September 29th. Application forms can be downloaded by clicking the link on the top right of this page or contacting the Head of Rugby. Completed application forms should be returned to the Head of Rugby:
Mr Martyn FowlerEmail:email@example.com Telephone:02920 781538
Former Players Association Award:
This award has been kindly donated by the recently established CURFC FPA in recognition for continued service to the rugby club.
The aim is to reward players who have consistently shown commitment to the Rugby Club over a period of at least one season.
Performance Standard: National standard, commitment to represent the Cardiff University Rugby Club First team in the BUCS Leagues (Minimum of 5 Games) and at the Welsh Varsity Match.
- NGB National Squad Representation.
- National University Squad Representation.
- National Select Squad Representation.
Financial award: up to £500.00
Kukri Sport Award:
This award is held in association with one of our long standing sponsors Kukri Sports.
The objective of this award is to support potential and current students who have the ability to further develop the rugby club.
Performance Standard: To have competed at Home Nations level but not necessarily represented. Applicants must also have recognised potential to compete at international level and/or hold a position in a regional or club Academy. Also there must be a commitment to represent the Cardiff University Rugby Club First team in the BUCS Leagues (Minimum of 5 Games) and in the Welsh Varsity Match.
Financial award: up to £250
Cardiff University Support Services:
- All bursars will become part of the University Rugby Programme and be entitled to a comprehensive support programme, which includes the following services:
- Planning for Success - Bursars can meet with the Sports Development Co-ordinator Paul Jones and/or the Head of Rugby Martyn Fowler to discuss all issues relating to their sport. Areas including performance profiling, nutrition, fitness testing, time management and personal development can be discussed and specialists contacted.
- Free Gym Use - All Bursars will be entitled to a free Gold Membership of both the University Fitness and Squash Centre - Park Place and the University Sports Centre - Talybont Fitness Centres.
- Workshops - Bursars will have free access to guest speakers and workshops (Core Stability – Olympic lifting techniques) etc covering topics designed to assist with training and personal development.
Mr Paul JonesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone:02920 879715