In a response to customer suggestions, Cardiff University Sport is now able to promote an enhanced range of fitness services.
On offer are a range of ‘one to one’ consultations given by fully trained and experienced staff. Each consultation will last one hour during which you will receive advice and guidance to help you reach your fitness goals safely and effectively.
The service is designed specifically to meet differing needs and allows you to select one or a combination of service options. Alternatively, you can book a fitness consultation with one of our instructors. By explaining your needs we can then tailor the session to suit your personal goals.
Booking and payment is administered at the reception in the University Fitness & Squash Centre or Strength & Conditioning Centre, Park Place.
Please note that all clients will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire prior to attending a fitness assessment.
Menu of Services and Price Guide
1. Fitness Assessment
This option is specifically designed for anyone who wants to find out where to start, lose weight, increase fitness and extend their knowledge for training.
What it includes:
- Heart Rate & Blood Pressure Measures
- Anthropometric Measurements
- Body Composition Test
- Aerobic Capacity Test
- Flexibility Test
The tests above involve muscular strength and cardiovascular exercise, so it is vital that you attend in sports clothing and proper training shoes for the best results.
You will be given your results in the feedback section and advised on the most beneficial ways to train with your personal goals in mind. To ensure the best results and development why not book in with our Personal Trainer for a Programme Card that is specific to your needs and requirements obtained from this session.
2. Programme Design
This is a vital part of training, whether you are training for an event, generally keeping fit or for use in conjunction with weight management, a training programme is important.
This is where you spend an hour with our Personal Trainer who will devise a training programme specific to your needs and requirements.
What it includes:
- Instruction on cardiovascular machines with adaptations to individual needs.
- Instruction on weights machines with adaptations to individual needs.
- Instruction on free weights with adaptations to individual needs.
- Break down of what weights to use for targeting specific areas.
- 6 week Progression Programme Card designed to individual needs.
- Advice given throughout the session.
For further development, book again for another progressive programme to take you to another level of fitness or try a Personal Training session to motivate, encourage and improve your overall performance.
3. Personal Training
Why choose Personal Training?
Your Personal Trainer will ensure that you are getting the very best from every workout, making your time more efficient and fun with variety and progressions.
It can help with the extra attention, support, confidence, encouragement and guidance needed to achieve your personal goals, whether it be weight loss, body tone/definition, increased fitness or just to feel healthier.
Whether you are a beginner, need motivation and encouragement, a regular exerciser, an advanced exerciser/athlete, or just wanting to extend your body awareness and knowledge, Personal Training is the answer.
What it includes:
- Cardiovascular conditioning (key to fat burning and improving the efficiency of the heart and lungs function for endurance).
- Integrated strength training (improving all round muscular strength to prevent muscle imbalance).
- Stretching and flexibility (essential for preventing injury, improving posture and motion).
- Core stability (maximise stability from the core).
- Agility and reactive training (improving movement and reaction times to enhance performance).
4. Price Guide
Cardiff University Student
Cardiff University Staff