Find a selection of our most recent publications.
You can find more of our publications by searching Cardiff University's institutional repository.
- Elwood, P. C. et al. 2016. Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials to ascertain fatal gastrointestinal bleeding events attributable to preventive low-dose aspirin: no evidence of increased risk. Plos One 11 (11) e0166166. (10.1371/journal.pone.0166166)
- Ray, A. et al. 2016. The Urolift System for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia: a NICE medical technology guidance. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy 14 (5), pp.515-526. (10.1007/s40258-015-0218-x)
- McQuire, C. et al. 2016. Objective measures of prenatal alcohol exposure: a systematic review. Pediatrics 138 (3) e20160517. (10.1542/peds.2016-0517)
- Button, K. et al. 2016. Musculoskeletal care pathways for adults. Systematic Reviews 5 (128), pp.1-6.
- Reagon, C. et al. 2016. A mixed-method systematic review to investigate the effect of group singing on health related quality of life. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 27 , pp.1-11. (10.1016/j.ctim.2016.03.017)
- Elwood, P. C. et al. 2016. Aspirin in the treatment of cancer: reductions in metastatic spread and in mortality: a systematic review and meta-analyses of published studies. PLoS ONE 11 (4) e0152402. (10.1371/journal.pone.0152402)
- Morgan, F. et al. 2016. Adherence to exercise referral schemes by participants - what do providers and commissioners need to know? A systematic review of barriers and facilitators. BMC Public Health 16 (1) 227. (10.1186/s12889-016-2882-7)
- Fone, D. L. et al. 2016. Change in alcohol outlet density and alcohol-related harm to population health (CHALICE): a comprehensive record-linked database study in Wales. Public Health Research 4 (3) 1. (10.3310/phr04030)
- Maguire, S. et al. 2015. A systematic review of the emotional, behavioural and cognitive features exhibited by school-aged children experiencing neglect or emotional abuse. Child: Care, Health and Development 41 (5), pp.641-653. (10.1111/cch.12227)
- Durand, M. et al., 2014. Do interventions designed to support shared decision-making reduce health inequalities? A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE 9 (4) e94670. (10.1371/journal.pone.0094670)
- Bhatia, S. et al. 2014. Characteristics of child dental neglect: A systematic review. Journal of dentistry 42 (3), pp.229-239.
- Greene, G. et al. 2014. Differing community responses to similar public health threats: A cross-disciplinary systematic literature review. Science of The Total Environment 470-71 , pp.759-767. (10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.10.031)
- Kemp, A. M. et al. 2014. Contact, cigarette and flame burns in physical abuse: A systematic review. Child Abuse Review 23 (1), pp.35-47. (10.1002/car.2278)
- Baillie, J. et al. 2014. Engaging minority ethnic communities to improve access to palliative care: Barriers and strategies. Presented at: Marie Curie Annual Palliative Care Research Conference London 28 March 2014. BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care. BMJ, pp.114-(P026). (10.1136/bmjspcare-2014-000653.28)
- Cope, A. et al. 2014. Systemic antibiotics for symptomatic apical periodontitis and acute apical abscess in adults.. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (10.1002/14651858.CD010136)
- Morgan, F. et al. 2013. Managing overweight and obesity among children and young people: Review 1 - Effectiveness and cost effectiveness of lifestyle weight management services for children and young people. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable at: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph47/resources/guidance-managing-overweight-and-obesity-among-children-and-young-people-lifestyle-weight-management-services-pdf.
- Naughton, A. M. et al., 2013. Emotional, behavioral, and developmental features indicative of neglect or emotional abuse in preschool children: A systematic review. JAMA Pediatrics 167 (8), pp.769-775. (10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.192)
- Kinnersley, P. R. et al. 2013. Interventions to promote informed consent for patients undergoing surgical and other invasive healthcare procedures. The Cochrane Library 2013 (7) CD009445. (10.1002/14651858.CD009445.pub2)
- Watts, P. et al. 2013. Newborn retinal hemorrhages: A systematic review. Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 17 (1), pp.70-78. (10.1016/j.jaapos.2012.07.012)
- Huntley, A. L. et al., 2013. Is case management effective in reducing the risk of unplanned hospital admissions for older people? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Family Practice 30 (3), pp.266-275. (10.1093/fampra/cms081)
- Turley, R. L. et al. 2013. Slum upgrading strategies involving physical environment and infrastructure interventions and their effects on health and socio-economic outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 1 CD010067. (10.1002/14651858.CD010067.pub2)
- Lefebvre, C. et al., 2013. Methodological developments in searching for studies for systematic reviews: past, present and future?. Systematic Reviews 2 (1) 78. (10.1186/2046-4053-2-78)
- Stansfield, C. et al., 2013. Cochrane update: identifying health-related research resources relevant to low- and middle-income countries. Journal of Public Health 35 (3), pp.477-480. (10.1093/pubmed/fdt091)
- Thomas, R. L. et al. 2013. Specialist clinics for reducing emergency admissions in patients with heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Heart 99 (4), pp.233-239. (10.1136/heartjnl-2012-302313)
- Gallimore, A. M. , Hengartner, H. and Zinkernagel, R. 1998. Hierarchies of antigen-specific cytotoxic T-cell responses. Immunological Reviews 164 , pp.29-36. (10.1111/j.1600-065X.1998.tb01205.x)
- Turley, R. L. et al. 2012. Managing overweight and obesity among children and young people: lifestyle weight management services. Review 2: The barriers and facilitators to implementing lifestyle weight management programmes for children and young people. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable at: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph47/evidence/ph47-managing-overweight-and-obesity-among-children-and-young-people-supporting-evidence.
- Maguire, S. A. et al. 2012. Retinal haemorrhages and related findings in abusive and non-abusive head trauma: a systematic review. Eye 27 , pp.28-36. (10.1038/eye.2012.213)
- Morgan, H. E. et al. 2012. Rapid review for NICE: long term use of non-tobacco nicotine containing products in individuals who have quit smoking abruptly. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable at: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph45/evidence/tobacco-harm-reduction-approaches-to-smoking-evidence-reviews2.
- Pearce, J. et al., 2012. The most effective way of delivering a train-the-trainers program: A systematic review. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions 32 (3), pp.215-226. (10.1002/chp.21148)
- Fone, D. L. et al. 2012. Change in alcohol outlet density and alcohol-related harm to population health (CHALICE). BMC Public Health 12 (1), pp.428-437. (10.1186/1471-2458-12-428)