Find a selection of our most recent publications.
You can find more of our publications by searching Cardiff University's institutional repository.
- Evans, R. E. et al. 2017. Comparison of suicidal ideation, suicide attempt and suicide in children and young people in care and non-care populations: Systematic review and meta-analysis of prevalence. Children and Youth Services Review 82 , pp.122-129. (10.1016/j.childyouth.2017.09.020)
- Weightman, A. et al. 2017. A systematic review of information literacy programs in higher education: effects of faceto- face, online, and blended formats on student skills and views. Evidence Based Library and Information Practice 12 (3), pp.20-55. (10.18438/B86W90)
- Deylami, R. et al. 2017. A systematic review of publicity interventions to increase awareness amongst healthcare professionals and the public to promote earlier diagnosis of type 1 diabetes in children and young people. Pediatric Diabetes (10.1111/pedi.12565)
- Nurmatov, U. et al. 2017. The effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of first aid interventions for burns given to caregivers of children: A systematic review. Burns (10.1016/j.burns.2017.05.022)
- Naughton, A. M. et al., 2017. Ask Me! Self-reported features of adolescents experiencing neglect or emotional maltreatment: a rapid systematic review. Child: Care, Health and Development 43 (3), pp.348-360. (10.1111/cch.12440)
- Turner, S. L. et al., 2017. Risk factors associated with unintentional house fire incidents, injuries and deaths in high-income countries: a systematic review. Injury Prevention 23 (2), pp.131-137. (10.1136/injuryprev-2016-042174)
- Monrouxe, L. V. et al., 2017. How prepared are UK medical graduates for practice? A rapid review of the literature 2009-2014. BMJ Open 7 (1) e013656. (10.1136/bmjopen-2016-013656)
- Elwood, P. C. et al. 2016. Systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised trials to ascertain fatal gastrointestinal bleeding events attributable to preventive low-dose aspirin: no evidence of increased risk. Plos One 11 (11) e0166166. (10.1371/journal.pone.0166166)
- Ray, A. et al. 2016. The Urolift System for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia: a NICE medical technology guidance. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy 14 (5), pp.515-526. (10.1007/s40258-015-0218-x)
- McQuire, C. et al. 2016. Objective measures of prenatal alcohol exposure: a systematic review. Pediatrics 138 (3) e20160517. (10.1542/peds.2016-0517)
- Button, K. et al. 2016. Musculoskeletal care pathways for adults. Systematic Reviews 5 (128), pp.1-6.
- Reagon, C. et al. 2016. A mixed-method systematic review to investigate the effect of group singing on health related quality of life. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 27 , pp.1-11. (10.1016/j.ctim.2016.03.017)
- Elwood, P. C. et al. 2016. Aspirin in the treatment of cancer: reductions in metastatic spread and in mortality: a systematic review and meta-analyses of published studies. PLoS ONE 11 (4) e0152402. (10.1371/journal.pone.0152402)
- Morgan, F. et al. 2016. Adherence to exercise referral schemes by participants - what do providers and commissioners need to know? A systematic review of barriers and facilitators. BMC Public Health 16 (1) 227. (10.1186/s12889-016-2882-7)
- Cleves, A. et al. 2016. NICE Medical Technologies Guidance: Enduralife-powered CRT-D devices for the treatment of heart failure, External Assessment Centre report. Project Report.[Online].The National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/GID-MTG10004/documents/assessment-report.
- Fone, D. L. et al. 2016. Change in alcohol outlet density and alcohol-related harm to population health (CHALICE): a comprehensive record-linked database study in Wales. Public Health Research 4 (3) 1. (10.3310/phr04030)
- Maguire, S. et al. 2015. A systematic review of the emotional, behavioural and cognitive features exhibited by school-aged children experiencing neglect or emotional abuse. Child: Care, Health and Development 41 (5), pp.641-653. (10.1111/cch.12227)
- Ray, A. , Morgan, H. E. and Carolan-Rees, G. 2015. NICE Medical Technologies Guidance [MTG26]: The Urolift system for the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia, External Assessment Centre report. Project Report.[Online].The National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/MTG26/documents/urolift-for-treating-lower-urinary-tract-symptoms-of-benign-prostatic-hyperplasia-assessment-report2.
- Cleves, A. J. et al. 2015. NICE guideline [NG48]: Oral health for adults in care homes, economic report. Project Report.[Online].The National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/NG48/documents/economic-report.
- Dale, M. et al. 2014. NICE Medical Technologies Guidance [MTG24]: Sherlock 3CG Tip Confirmation System for placement of peripherally inserted central catheters, External Assessment Centre report. Project Report.[Online].The National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/mtg24/resources/the-sherlock3cg-tip-confirmation-system-for-placement-of-peripherally-inserted-central-catheters-pdf-64371934845637.
- Morgan, F. et al. 2014. Exercise referral schemes to promote physical activity. Project Report.[Online].NICEAvailable athttp://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph54/chapter/what-is-this-guideline-about.
- Durand, M. et al., 2014. Do interventions designed to support shared decision-making reduce health inequalities? A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE 9 (4) e94670. (10.1371/journal.pone.0094670)
- Bhatia, S. et al. 2014. Characteristics of child dental neglect: A systematic review. Journal of dentistry 42 (3), pp.229-239.
- Greene, G. et al. 2014. Differing community responses to similar public health threats: A cross-disciplinary systematic literature review. Science of The Total Environment 470-71 , pp.759-767. (10.1016/j.scitotenv.2013.10.031)
- Kemp, A. M. et al. 2014. Contact, cigarette and flame burns in physical abuse: A systematic review. Child Abuse Review 23 (1), pp.35-47. (10.1002/car.2278)
- Baillie, J. et al. 2014. Engaging minority ethnic communities to improve access to palliative care: Barriers and strategies. Presented at: Marie Curie Annual Palliative Care Research Conference London 28 March 2014. BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care. BMJ. , pp.114-(P026). (10.1136/bmjspcare-2014-000653.28)
- Cleves, A. et al. 2014. NICE Medical Technologies Guidance [MTG23]: The TURis system for transurethral resection of the prostate, External Assessment Centre report. Project Report.[Online].The National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/mtg23.
- Cope, A. et al. 2014. Systemic antibiotics for symptomatic apical periodontitis and acute apical abscess in adults.. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (10.1002/14651858.CD010136)
- Morgan, F. et al. 2013. Managing overweight and obesity among children and young people: Review 1 - Effectiveness and cost effectiveness of lifestyle weight management services for children and young people. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph47#.
- Naughton, A. M. et al., 2013. Emotional, behavioral, and developmental features indicative of neglect or emotional abuse in preschool children: A systematic review. JAMA Pediatrics 167 (8), pp.769-775. (10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.192)
- Kinnersley, P. R. et al. 2013. Interventions to promote informed consent for patients undergoing surgical and other invasive healthcare procedures. The Cochrane Library 2013 (7) CD009445. (10.1002/14651858.CD009445.pub2)
- Watts, P. et al. 2013. Newborn retinal hemorrhages: A systematic review. Journal of the American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 17 (1), pp.70-78. (10.1016/j.jaapos.2012.07.012)
- Morgan, F. et al. 2013. Tobacco: harm-reduction approaches to smoking Short title: Tobacco: harm reduction. Review 3: The effectiveness of long-term harm reduction approaches without the prior intention of quitting. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable athttps://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph45/evidence/tobacco-harm-reduction-approaches-to-smoking-evidence-reviews2.
- Huntley, A. L. et al., 2013. Is case management effective in reducing the risk of unplanned hospital admissions for older people? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Family Practice 30 (3), pp.266-275. (10.1093/fampra/cms081)
- Turley, R. L. et al. 2013. Slum upgrading strategies involving physical environment and infrastructure interventions and their effects on health and socio-economic outcomes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 1 CD010067. (10.1002/14651858.CD010067.pub2)
- Lefebvre, C. et al., 2013. Methodological developments in searching for studies for systematic reviews: past, present and future?. Systematic Reviews 2 (1) 78. (10.1186/2046-4053-2-78)
- Stansfield, C. et al., 2013. Cochrane update: identifying health-related research resources relevant to low- and middle-income countries. Journal of Public Health 35 (3), pp.477-480. (10.1093/pubmed/fdt091)
- Thomas, R. L. et al. 2013. Specialist clinics for reducing emergency admissions in patients with heart failure: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Heart 99 (4), pp.233-239. (10.1136/heartjnl-2012-302313)
- Turley, R. L. et al. 2012. Managing overweight and obesity among children and young people: lifestyle weight management services. Review 2: The barriers and facilitators to implementing lifestyle weight management programmes for children and young people. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable athttp://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph47/evidence/ph47-managing-overweight-and-obesity-among-children-and-young-people-supporting-evidence.
- Maguire, S. A. et al. 2012. Retinal haemorrhages and related findings in abusive and non-abusive head trauma: a systematic review. Eye 27 , pp.28-36. (10.1038/eye.2012.213)
- Morgan, H. E. et al. 2012. Rapid review for NICE: long term use of non-tobacco nicotine containing products in individuals who have quit smoking abruptly. Project Report.[Online].London: NICEAvailable athttp://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ph45/evidence/tobacco-harm-reduction-approaches-to-smoking-evidence-reviews2.
- Pearce, J. et al., 2012. The most effective way of delivering a train-the-trainers program: A systematic review. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions 32 (3), pp.215-226. (10.1002/chp.21148)
- Fone, D. L. et al. 2012. Change in alcohol outlet density and alcohol-related harm to population health (CHALICE). BMC Public Health 12 (1), pp.428-437. (10.1186/1471-2458-12-428)