Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Education Network (QuIPSEN)
The overall goal for the Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Education Network (QuIPSEN) is to meet the challenge of preparing health care professionals to learn and utilize the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to continuously improve the quality and safety of the healthcare systems within which they work.
Working across Wales the network aims to encourage closer working between:
- Healthcare educators in Higher Education Institutes (HEIs).
- Practice facilitators/student mentors
- Healthcare students
- NHS Wales and the 1000Lives+ programme
The network’s objectives are to:
Develop, evaluate and share core learning and teaching methods and materials which underpin the delivery of quality and safety education in healthcare education programmes.
- Develop expertise necessary to assist in the learning and assessment of quality and safety competencies in all aspects of healthcare education.
- Support students who question and explore ideas where they see opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate the feeding of improvement projects into NHS Wales and/or other organizations.