What is the type and weight of evidence utilised in measuring the impact of ‘care pathway technologies’ on service integration in stroke care?
Laura Rixson, Davina Allen
This review aims to analyse the type and weight of evidence utilised in measuring the impact of care pathways on service integration in stroke care and contribute to the clarification of the concept of ‘service integration’ in this area of service evaluation.
1. To systematically review all high quality studies which have evaluated the effectiveness of care pathway technologies on ‘service integration’ and its derivatives, i.e. seamless care, joined up working etc in stroke care.
2. To examine how elements of service integration are defined in such studies.
3. To examine the type of evidence utilised to measure service integration.
4. To analyse the weight of evidence used to support claims about the impact of care pathways on service integration.
5. To produce guidelines for the users of care pathways and researchers for evaluation purposes.