Workshop 2: Assessing the Needs of the Older Person
Wednesday 11th February 2015, 09.00 - 16.30
Heath Park Campus, Cardiff
This is one of a series of four workshops which have been commissioned by Cardiff and Vale University Local Health Board as an inter-disciplinary work-based learning opportunity to extend practitioners' knowledge, skills and expertise to meet the needs of older people from all communities.
Workshop 2: This workshop aims to:
- Develop/enhance assessment skills, including application of the fundamentals of person-centred care and practicing assessment and care planning skills.
- Explore relevant professional, legal and ethical issues: consent, capacity, older adult protection, documentation.
- Utilise the reflective process to examine clinical scenarios.
Please note: that there are two options for attendance. Participants are welcome to:
1. Enrol for one or more of the workshops which run one day per month January - April 2015 as stand alone study activities.
2. Enrol for the module 'Achieving Excellence in the Care of Older People' (30 credits/BSc (Hons) in Clinical Practice). The next module commences January 2015 and comprises all four workshops, a morning session of 08.30-10.00 on the first workshop day (January 14th), three further contact days (25th February, 18th March and 29th April 2015), self-study and work-based assessments.
Please note students who have undertaken any or all of the workshops within 2 years prior to registering for the module will not need to repeat these. This means, for example, if you have attended workshops in the 2013 series, you would not need to attend them again if enrolling to begin the module in 2015. In this case, you would need only to attend any workshops missed, the 08.30-10.00 session on the first workshop day (January 14th) and the contact days.
For further information please see:
Achieving Excellence in Care of Older People
Please note that applicants will need to indicate at the time of application which of the above options they have chosen.
For further information please contact