MSc in Advanced Practice (Community Health Studies)
This is a specialist pathway of the MSc in Advanced Practice, providing students with a flexible route to pursue their specialist area. Course fee funding is available from NLIAH, for nurses currently working in the community in Wales, or those whose future roles will be in the community, for the core Fundamentals module and for additional modules in consultation with your manager and the pathway lead.
About the Programme:
Students will study Research Skills: Approaches, Designs & Methods and Fundamentals of Community Practice (Level 3) (compulsory), two other modules from the Optional Modules menu and one from the Dissertation Modules menu.
Pathway Compulsory Module
This core module has been developed on an All Wales basis, supported by the Welsh Government (WG), to provide nurses with generic core knowledge and skills to work safely and effectively in a community setting. It is the foundation module for all Cardiff School of Nursing and Midwifery Studies community programmes.
- Advancing Assessment and Decision Making (NRT153)
- Analysing and Interpreting Advanced Practice (NRT174)
- Cardio-Respiratory Physiology and Pathophysiology (HCT045)
- Collaborative Working in Eating Disorders (NRT140)
- Complexities of Care Management (NRT149)
- Contemporary Issues in Adolescent Health and Wellbeing (NRT136)
- Evidencing Learning in Professional Practice (NRT148)
- Global Public Health (NRT058)
- Health Policy and Economics (NRT177)
- The Neuroscience of Human Movement and Dysfunction (HCT240)
- Non-Medical Prescribing 1 (NRT082)
- Non-Medical Prescribing 2 (NRT083)
- Patient Safety and Clinical Risk (NRT073)
- PGCE - Facilitation Learning and Teaching (NRT138)
- PGCE - Assessment and Evaluation (NRT139)
- Partnership Working in Safeguarding Children and Young People (NRT105)
- Practice Teacher (NRT175)
- Therapeutic Practice in Partnership Working in Safeguarding Children and Young People (NRT112)
- Transforming Care, Systems and Services through Leadership (NRT150)
If a student wishes to undertake a module outside this list, this may be possible in agreement with the pathway manager and their line manager.
Choose one module from the following menu:
For further details regarding the course please contact the pathway leader: