Postgraduate programmes are normally open to registered practitioners who possess an initial or higher degree of an approved institution. Where applicants do not hold a first degree, applications will be considered on an individual basis. For such applicants, evidence of relevant experience and continued professional development will be requested.
A prospective candidate who already holds the Doctor of Philosophy shall show that the Master’s Degree scheme to be pursued is in a different field of study from that for which the degree of PhD was awarded. Students will normally be health, social care or other professionals with relevant qualifications and registrations.
Applicants whose first language is not English or Welsh must satisfy the English Language requirements for entry to the university by attainment of a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS no more than 3 years before the proposed date of entry.
Where appropriate, applicants must also be able to demonstrate that they have secured the following:
- Employer support.
Individual modules may have additional entry criteria due to the aims and learning outcomes of the module and/or due to NMC regulations.
Programmes with additional entry requirements
Applicants for the Non-Medical Prescribing PgCert or MSc pathway will need to:
- be currently registered with the NMC or HCPC
- have at least 3 years appropriate patient orientated experience as a qualified nurse, midwife or allied health professional
- identify a clinical area in which to develop your prescribing practice
- have documented evidence of support from your organisation and your potential DSMP
- have practiced in your proposed field of prescribing for at least 1 year (nurses/midwives/allied health professionals) immediately preceding your application
- demonstrate how you reflect on your own performance and take responsibility for your own CPD
- demonstrate how you will develop your own networks for support including prescribers from other professions
- possess basic computer skills (typing, internet, use e-mail, etc)
MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice
Details of the entry requirements for the MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice can be found on the programme web pages.
Information on the application process is provided here.